The international Master's program is open to everyone who is involved or would like to be involved in international assistance programs, the UN, EU, AU, their subordinate organisations and other IOs, NGOs and national or local representatives. It is tailored for those who are or will be responsible - either on an international or national level - for establishing, promoting or reforming new national justice systems: e.g. police officers, social workers, lawyers, psychologists etc.
Master of Criminal Justice, Governance and Police Science
- This is an international, advanced and extra-occupational program with students and lecturers from all over the world and special fields of expertise.
- After the successful completion of this practice-oriented post-graduate program, a “Master of Criminal Justice, Governance and Police Science” degree will be obtained.
- The degree provides students with ready to use knowledge and offers an excellent foundation for those interested in undertaking doctoral research and/or a subsequent academic career.
The occupational field for graduates with this Master’s degree covers a wide range of options, in particular in the areas of (international) security and justice.
- This includes criminal justice institutions (e.g. penal systems, probation service, courts etc.), for capacity building in the law enforcement (in particular police), public administration and social services, journalism etc.
- Since this program is based on the identified requirement from the field of international assistance programs, the UN, EU, AU, their subordinate organizations and other IOs, NGOs and national or local representatives, it suits everybody who is involved or would like to be involved in such fields.
- Most of these international assistance programs as well as IOs and or NGOs operate in fallen states, where government and governance are lacking and public administration/services aren’t sufficient available. The program intents to provide practically oriented people who can support these post conflict/transitional countries within any assistance program.