There will be several stages:
- Translation and adoption of the quantitative questionnaire for each country
- First quantitative Wave (A): survey on victimisation, fear of crime and existent measures for prevention and victim services
- Qualitative focus-group-interviews with sexual victimised female students to explore more deeply risk-factors, possibilities for preventive and needs for help (participation will be asked for in A).
- Qualitative Expert-Interviews with practitioners of the university (equal opportunity commissioner, university administration, head of security), of the police and of local help services (focus on prevention and intervention).
- Development and implementation of measures for prevention (as far as possible)
- Second quantitative wave (B): National survey (representative N=about 20.000) with students from different universities (differing in size, campus vs. non-campus etc.) and at the same time second wave at the Ruhr-University Bochum/ Germany, Poland, UK, Spain and Italy. Evaluation of the first implemented measures as well as longitudinal findings on frequency of victimisation, fear of crime and long-term consequences of victimisation (also on the studies).